Monday, September 3, 2012

Ole'!

The kid had not returned from his weekend away so we dabbled in some Mexican delights.

First was the Avocado Salsa. This was to be the appetizer, so I thought I would make it ahead of time so I wouldn't have to spend so much time in the kitchen making dinner. Needless to say, it didn't quite make it to dinner. 
Good thing I made this WAY before dinner, it was basically our lunch. We're a bit overzealous at "taste testing". 

3 hours later we started preparation of dinner, we brought out the remainders of the salsa & again indulged. 

Can I say how much I hate chopping spices? I had 3 different dishes that had cilantro & I don't even care for the flavor all that much. The whole leafy-ness of it all just irritates me. After chopping for a bit I resorted to snipping with the shears. Later to only find out that half my fingernail was missing. True story, so gross, but luckily I didn't find it.

I should take "during" pictures when I cook. I have got to be THE messiest cook. When it's all said & done it looks like Katrina hit my kitchen. From avocado stuck to the handles of the cupboards to pieces of cilantro smooshed to the bottom of my feet. I'm a hot mess. BUT the end result is often worth it. 

So here it is, the final product.... TA-DA!!
Spicy Avocado Chicken Enchiladas & Lime-Cilantro Brown Rice


Enchiladas 
(I used rotisserie chicken)
Rice
(Used Uncle Ben's Instant rice - cooks in 10-12 minutes)
Salsa
Enjoy!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment